Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Power of Live Performance

I don't know about you, but I am a big fan of watching live performances on YouTube. Now, I'm not talking about the videos your aunt took at the Keith Urban concert with her mid-2000s cell phone. I'm talking about videos taken with good equipment (both audio and visual), displaying the talent bands have when performing live. I think it's sad sometimes, when the only version of music someone wants to listen to is the edited and multi-tracked studio version. I love the raw emotional power of a solid live performance. Here are some of my favorite live performance videos on YouTube right now:

Shakey Graves- Roll the Bones

-This guy is groovy, dirty, and smooth. Talented guitars, cool rhythms, and a soulful voice make for an awesome performance.



Cowboy and Indian- Weightlessness

-This band (and baby) have a clean and honest sound that makes my heart ache for summer days.


tUnE-yArDs- NPR Tiny Desk Concert

-tUnE-yArDs has the most unique sound that I've heard in a while. Merrill, the head of the group, is an absolute genius of looped beats, complex melodies, and interesting songs. She puts on by far the best live show I've seen in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment