Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Welcome to LASR!

Hi there, and welcome. I'm glad you've stopped by. If this is your first time hearing of LASR, I would like to personally say hello. My name is Emily, and I'm the General Manager of Lute Air Student Radio. We are the student radio station at Pacific Lutheran University. I could write paragraph after paragraph about how wonderful we are and how cool we are, but I don't want to waste your precious time. Below, I've detailed the information that LASR would relay to you if you just so happened to sit down at each others table during a speed dating event. Enjoy.

You: Hi, my name is Awesome Visitor.  

LASR: I'm Lute Air Student Radio. That's a great hairstyle you have going on.

You: (blushing) Thank you. You're very kind. What do you do?

LASR: Well, I play shows by PLU students. I've got a lot going on: pop music, rock music, ethnic music, cat music-- really anything! Anyone can be involved.

You: Wow, that sounds amazing. You might be the coolest station I've ever met.

LASR: Thanks! I have a lot of fun.

You: If you're so cool, what are you doing here?

LASR: Well, I wanted to branch out a little. I decided to start this blog so that the awesome people involved with LASR could share their love of music with everyone. The DJs and LASR staff all post stuff about their shows, concerts in the area, music they're listening to-- really anything!

You: Oh man, you just keep getting better and better.

LASR: I know, right?

You: What?

LASR: What?

You: Um....well I think you're pretty great. How can I reach you again?

LASR: You can tune into LASR anytime! Just go to www.plu.edu/lasr and click to listen. It'll open up in your iTunes and you'll be jamming in no time. 


I hope you enjoy your stay here at the LASR blog, and that you visit often! Leave us suggestions in comments! You can also email us at lasr@plu.edu.

We love you.

Emily Bishop
Lute Air Student Radio General Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment